Common Types of Immigration Cases



You may be qualify to apply for asylum if you are fleeing from your country of origin for reasons, including persecution because of your race, religion, political ideology or your gender. 


As a lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. a green card holder), you may be qualified to apply for your citizenship. The process depends on how you came to be a green card holder. 

Deportation Defense

There are several different types of Deportation Defense, including Cancellation of Removal, different types of Waivers, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), T-Visas, VAWA, U-Visas etc. Upon reviewing your case, we will advise the best form of relief appropriate for your case. 

Family Petitions

Family members with legal status can petition for their immigrant family members. This is a two-step process and varies based on the relationship (ie. spouse, parents or adult children). Once the petition is approved, the immigrant family member can apply for a visa or green card. 

Refugee Adjustment of Status

Refugees who have resided in the United States for at least one year can apply for their green card. 

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status ("SIJ")

Unaccompanied migrant children who have been abused, abandoned, or neglected by one or both of their parents may seek special immigrant juvenile status. First their must be a finding in the family court that the minor is in fact abused, abandoned or neglected, then a SIJ petition is filed with USCIS, once SIJ is approved, the minor may file for a visa or green card.